Wednesday, July 6, 2016

10 Things that Make me Excited

Well this is an ever evolving and changing list based on mood and time of year, but here we go with the current


10 Things That Make Me Excited: 

1. My trip to Schlitterbahn this weekend. We used to go every year when I was growing up and I haven't been in about 7 years and I'm so excited. 

2. Going to the gym. If you would have asked me anytime before about a year ago, I would have laughed in your face if you suggested the gym. But once I joined and got into a habit of going, I love it and actually look forward to it. 

3. Watermelon. My favorite summertime fruit and something I eat at least 10 of them (by myself) each summer. 

4. Going to the movies. I love going to the cinema, especially when it's out of town at a specialty cinema and not our multiplexes that show the same crap all the time. I love art house theaters and seeing indie and foreign films. 

Alamo Drafthouse South Lamar in Austin -- FAVE

5. Richard Linklater movies. He's probably my favorite filmmaker and I could rewatch his movies and have millions of times.


6. Peppermint Tea. Besides water, probably my favorite drink on earth. I used to be a coffee addict but then made the choice to give it up last year due to it making my anxiety worse. I used to drink tea sometimes, but now it's a regular deal. 


7. modern art museums. My favorite right now is the Modern Art Museum in Fort Worth. In addition to the building/ surroundings being absolutely gorgeous
   They have an amazing permanent collection and incredible galleries that are always changing. Best part is, they are free every Sunday. 





8. Books! I am a voracious reader and have been since I was a little girl. I am always in the middle of at least 3 books at any given time. Pretty sure my all time favorite authors are Neil Gaiman and Douglas Adams.

9. Farmer's Markets. We have what has become a really lovely downtown farmers market. I LOVE it. Fresh from the farm produce is just so much better than the stuff you can buy at the store. 


10. One Direction. I know, I know. I'm a 34 year old married woman, BUT I've been following them since they were on X factor. I actually really love their music and they're all like my little british and irish sons I've never met. Undoubtedly one of my top 3 favorite musical acts and guaranteed to put a smile on my face no matter what kind of mood I'm in. 





What's one thing that you're most excited about right now? Share in the comments!




4 comments:

  1. Some things on you list excite me too... like a good book and trips. By the way, where is Schlitterbahn? Looks like fun. I like the Farmer's Market, too. But we aren't the buyers, we are the sellers. We own a fruit orchard and have been selling our fruit at a large downtown Farmer's Market for the past 20 years. I've seen a lot of changes. I liked it better in the beginning days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Schlitterbahn is in New Braunfels Texas. It is a huge waterpark and I believe has been at the top of travel channel's top waterparks in the country for years now.

      Our farmer's market is just a few years old and has such a nice homey feel. There is such camaraderie between all the vendors and even the food stands all use local produce/meat/dairy from the local vendors at the market.

      Delete
  2. I purchased a watermelon for dinner on July 4. I thump and smell them at the store. Still, I feel like it is a leap of faith. Oh, this watermelon! It was the best I have had in years. Sweet and juicy deliciousness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always feeling like I'm taking a risk when buying watermelon. Could be the most amazing one ever or could have zero flavor/sweetness.

      Delete