10 Things That Make Me Excited:
1. My trip to Schlitterbahn this weekend. We used to go every year when I was growing up and I haven't been in about 7 years and I'm so excited.
2. Going to the gym. If you would have asked me anytime before about a year ago, I would have laughed in your face if you suggested the gym. But once I joined and got into a habit of going, I love it and actually look forward to it.
3. Watermelon. My favorite summertime fruit and something I eat at least 10 of them (by myself) each summer.
4. Going to the movies. I love going to the cinema, especially when it's out of town at a specialty cinema and not our multiplexes that show the same crap all the time. I love art house theaters and seeing indie and foreign films.
|Alamo Drafthouse South Lamar in Austin -- FAVE|
5. Richard Linklater movies. He's probably my favorite filmmaker and I could rewatch his movies and have millions of times.
6. Peppermint Tea. Besides water, probably my favorite drink on earth. I used to be a coffee addict but then made the choice to give it up last year due to it making my anxiety worse. I used to drink tea sometimes, but now it's a regular deal.
7. modern art museums. My favorite right now is the Modern Art Museum in Fort Worth. In addition to the building/ surroundings being absolutely gorgeous
They have an amazing permanent collection and incredible galleries that are always changing. Best part is, they are free every Sunday.
8. Books! I am a voracious reader and have been since I was a little girl. I am always in the middle of at least 3 books at any given time. Pretty sure my all time favorite authors are Neil Gaiman and Douglas Adams.
9. Farmer's Markets. We have what has become a really lovely downtown farmers market. I LOVE it. Fresh from the farm produce is just so much better than the stuff you can buy at the store.
10. One Direction. I know, I know. I'm a 34 year old married woman, BUT I've been following them since they were on X factor. I actually really love their music and they're all like my little british and irish sons I've never met. Undoubtedly one of my top 3 favorite musical acts and guaranteed to put a smile on my face no matter what kind of mood I'm in.
What's one thing that you're most excited about right now? Share in the comments!