Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Pumpkin Blondies

When my husband needed a dessert for a work lunch and the request was something pumpkin, I began to scour all the recipes I've found online. I finally settled on Pumpkin Blondies, which I traced back to Canadian Moms Cook (pumpkin brownies ). When I went to make it, I realized I didn't have any vanilla extract so I did tweak the recipe a bit and substituted pumpkin spice extract (which I did have on hand). I also used brown sugar instead of white sugar, just because I prefer it in fall baking. I made 2 batches of these to send with my husband to work and they were a hit!



Pumpkin Blondies 
prep: 10 minutes
cook time: 20-25 minutes
yield: about 16 blondies


1/2 Cup Butter, room temperature
1 Cup Sugar (I used brown, but you can use whatever you prefer)
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 egg
1/2 Cup pumpkin puree
1 tsp vanilla (I used pumpkin spice extract)
3/4 Cup all purpose flour

optional: I added a drizzle of agave syrup and I think some pecans would be a great addition as well.


1. Preheat over to 350 F. Grease 8x8 pan. 
2. Cream butter and sugar. I used a hand mixer, but if you have a stand mixer, that would be perfect. 
3. Add all other ingredients except flour and mix well. 
4. Stir in the flour at the end. 
5. Bake 20-25 minutes until edges are slightly brown and a toothpick comes out clean. 


Do you have any favorite fall recipes or treats? Let me know in the comments below. 

2 comments:

  1. mmmmmm....I just made pumpkin bars this week. Now I want to try pumpkin blondies too!

    ReplyDelete