Thursday, June 23, 2016


June is when the sunflowers in our flower garden start to bloom. That's when I know that summer is really here. When I can look out my front door and see all the sunflowers growing taller and opening up to the heat.
Our flower garden is right outside our front door, going all the way along the path from our driveway to the door. I love when they grow tall and basically hide our door from the street. It's like a secret path hidden away by green and yellow and it makes me smile so much.
We usually plant a bunch of other flowers at lower levels and in other parts of our yard, so we've always got something new, but we love these sunflowers coming back year after year. Announcing the start of summer, opening themselves up to the sun even as I want to close myself off from it.


5 comments:

  1. I love sunflowers too! My first apartment had a sunflower kitchen theme!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yellow sunflowers make me smile, too! Love your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunflowers are totally my favorite, too. You are right, it definitely speaks of summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's cool your garden obscures the view of your house. I love sunflowrs, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for sunflowers! They are the best!

    ReplyDelete